I am looking for a little spending money i need to know how to hunt yellow root. Here are the steps Ihave been told.
- Find some some shaded woods on a hill
- Look on the ground for spots that do not have a lot of briars and brush.
- Look for a patch of at least twenty. at $ 30 per pound you are digging nickels.
- look for plants that have five lobes.they have a tooth edge.
- they are as tall as to feet
- they are too small if less a foot tall
- to dig get hand mattock and dig 3 or 4 inches under.
- grab the root and twist it off the stem.
- Put the roots in a paper bag. Save the leaves and put them in a bag.
- When thr roots are home rinse the dirt off and then put the roots in a good place to dry. Spread them out so they will not mold.
- Bring to buyer in late fall. collect your $$$.